Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Creepy Shortwave number station

Last night I took my shortwave radio and ghetto random-wire antenna outside to see what I could hear. I threw the antenna on the roof and got to listening. I was able to find a ton of stations that were broadcasting out of Asia and Australia!
Everything was going great until I found a creepy station on 8140 khz. This was a numbers station.
People think these stations are to relay information to spies out in the field. You can read more about it here
Thanks to my Cellphone, I was able to capture a short video of this station.



Here is same broadcast I found, but on another freq.



Pretty creepy stuff huh? Shortwave radio is a fun (but very nerdy) hobby!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This station is called V02a and comes from Cuba!
You want spooky?
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/thesecretsiteofmike/index.html

Mei Fang said...

Extremely interesting blog Michael!The media certainly worked really well togethr. Good job.

mf